- Vanguard Cadets
- Performing Arts
- Latest News
- Shop @ SCV
VMAPA Launches Search for Next Executive Director
- Posted by:Michael Still
- On June-17-2019
Vanguard Music and Performing Arts (VMAPA) today announced the beginning of a nationwide search for the organization’s next executive director. Charles Frost, the current executive director, will participate in the search for his successor and plans to step down at the end of the current summer season to accept an executive management position out of state.
“Vanguard is in a strong position today largely due to the efforts of Charles Frost and his vision for this organization,” said Kevin Brooks, chair of the VMAPA Board of Directors. “We are an organization built for helping people achieve greatness, and Charles is the perfect embodiment of that. I am grateful for his leadership, vision and friendship these many years, and am happy for his continued success even though he will be greatly missed by all of us in the Vanguard family.”
Frost, who has been with VMAPA for over a decade, led the nationally-recognized performing arts organization through its 50th anniversary and three world championships. During his tenure the organization rebranded itself as “Vanguard Music and Performing Arts” to better encompass an expanded mission and vision, and achieved a series of milestone accomplishments including:
- Winning the first world championship title for the Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps in 19 years
- 2016 & 2017 back-to-back world championships with the Cadet Corps
- Opening and closing ceremony performances of the 2017 Tournament of Roses Parade
- Assembling a 50th Anniversary Alumni Corps to perform at DCI World Championships in Indianapolis
- Launching a vibrant community music program serving youth in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Running a successful capital campaign to renovate Vanguard Hall and purchase a new traveling food kitchen
“I am excited for the future of Vanguard and proud of the team and culture we have built here. We have also put together a fantastic strategic plan that guides us into the future regardless of who sits in the director’s chair. This organization is a part of who I am, and I am deeply thankful for the opportunities provided to me as a performer, staff member, and executive that helped me at every stage of my career. The future of VMAPA is in great hands with our current staff, board and next generation of performers,” said Frost.
Details about the VMAPA executive director role and qualifications can be found at www.scvanguard.org/jobs. Interested parties can also contact the search committee in confidence at ExecRecruiting@SCVanguard.org.