- Vanguard Cadets
- Community Arts
- Latest News
- Shop @ SCV
2020 SCV Color Guard Video Auditions
- Posted by:Michael Still
- On December-19-2019
Due to overwhelming demand and in an effort to maximize our reach, we are very excited to announce that the Santa Clara Vanguard will begin accepting Color Guard video auditions for the 2020 season effective immediately! All materials must be submitted to the Google Form listed below by Saturday, February 15 for consideration.
Video Audition Requirements:
- INTRODUCTION – introduce yourself, share your experience, and why you would like to march with SCV. This should be in depth and detailed so we can get to know you!
- EQUIPMENT CHOREOGRAPHY – 1 minute of choreography on each piece you wish to spin (flag, rifle, sabre)
- DANCE CHOREOGRAPHY – 1 minute of dance choreography
- ACROSS THE FLOOR EXERCISES – including in and out of ground, split leaps, etc
- EQUIPMENT TECHNIQUE – spins on both sides, weapons should include tosses
- EXTRA CREDIT – any tricks or special talents including but not limited to gymnastics, trick tosses, singing, or playing an instrument
The video audition registration fee of $100 is payable online through MySCV. Payment must be received before our staff will review your videos and provide feedback. Should you be invited for a callback based on your video audition, you will be required to attend the April Callback Camp in San Jose to complete your membership evaluation. There will be an additional $50 fee to attend that callback camp for those submitting a video audition.
Video Audition Process:
Step 1: Sign up and pay for your video audition in MySCV – CLICK HERE!
Step 2: Submit your audition videos through the Google Form – CLICK HERE!
Step 3: Our staff will review your audition videos and provide feedback on MySCV.
We look forward to having you submit your video audition and hope to see you at the 2020 SCV Callback Camp in April! If you have any questions, please email SCVGuard@scvanguard.org.