|Share with others:||Tweet|
85.375 (21st) – WGI World Championships - Prelims
- Support the Winter Percussion World Championships "GoFundMe" Campaign - March 31, 2015
- SCV Seeking Concessions Coordinator and Additional Concessions Stand Managers - March 25, 2015
- Flags, Props, Costumes & Equipment From Recent Summer & Winter Programs Available For Sale - March 22, 2015
- SCV TICKETS at DCI Semis/Finals, San Antonio and Allentown - March 17, 2015
- Miss the Birthday Dinner & HOF Ceremony? Watch the replay of the entire evening! - March 8, 2015
- 2015 STAR Donor Program - Support All SCV Programs Through The New Year! - March 5, 2015
Vanguard Winter Percussion (VWP) is an indoor marching percussion ensemble that travels, performs and competes during the winter months each year. The ensemble provides instruction and performance opportunities for experienced young performers in the areas of marching percussion, concert "pit" percussion, and movement/choreography. Some members of the Winter Percussion continue on with the Vanguard and Vanguard Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps during the summer.
In 2010, the program's first year of competition (and under the name Vanguard Cadets), they went undefeated and captured WGI Regional Championships in Ceres, Union City and Temecula, CA. In 2011, building on its first year successes, the ensemble took on a new name, Vanguard Winter Percussion. During their first trip to the WGI World Championships in Dayton, OH in April, the ensemble won the Percussion Independent Open Class gold medal, placing 1st out of 19 groups from around the country.
VWP is audition-only, and open to young people aged 16-22 living within reasonable driving distance of Santa Clara, CA. Prospective members who attend high schools with indoor percussion ensembles are usually not eligible until after they graduate high school, but are encouraged to audition for the Vanguard and/or Vanguard Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps.
VWP was founded in 2009, and competes in the Northern California Percussion Alliance (NCPA), California Color Guard Circuit (CCGC), Central Valley Guard and Percussion Circuit (CVGPC), and Winter Guard International (WGI).
- Latest News
- Monthly Calendar
- Historical Archives
- Corporate Partners
- Contact Us
In the Community
Santa Clara Vanguard Booster Club, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written consent of the Santa Clara Vanguard Booster Club, Inc.
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site are Copyright © 1967–2015 Santa Clara Vanguard Booster Club, Inc. All rights reserved.