|Share with others:||Tweet|
98.250 (1st) – WGI World Championships - Finals
2015 WINTER GUARD MEDIA
- 2016 SCV Winter Guard Auditions and High School Guard Clinic - August 18, 2015
- 2016 AUDITIONS: Vanguard and Vanguard Cadets - UPDATE August 28 - August 14, 2015
- 2015 STAR Donor Program - Support All SCV Programs Through The New Season! - June 29, 2015
- We May Love SCV, But It's The Fuel That Gets Us To The Show!!! - May 18, 2015
- Flags, Props, Costumes & Equipment From Recent Summer & Winter Programs Available For Sale - May 1, 2015
- SCV Winter Guard Wins 2015 WGI Independent World Class Championship - May 1, 2015
The Three-time World Champion Santa Clara Vanguard Independent World Winter Guard is an indoor color guard that travels and performs in competitions during the winter months each year. The World Class winter guard provides instruction for the experienced performer in the areas of dance, movement, and color guard choreography. Many members of the winter guard continue on with the Vanguard and Vanguard Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps during the summer, however, summer participation is not a prerequisite for winter membership.
The Santa Clara Vanguard Winter Guard recently captured the gold medal at the 2015 Winter Guard International World Championships. The winter guard program had been reactivated in 2006, after a two-decade hiatus. The guard competes most weekends of the winter season in throughout Northern California, primarily in the Bay Area, with some weekend trips to Southern California and the California Central Valley. 60% to 75% of their membership is from the Bay Area. Every April they attend the Winter Guard International (WGI) championship in Dayton, OH.
The SCV Winter Guard won its first California Color Guard Circuit championship in 1968, and attained additional CCGC titles in 1970, 1971, and 1976. They have added to that string of CCGC Championships with victories in 2006, and 2008–2014. WGI finalists every year, the SCV Winter Guard won Gold in 2009, 2011 and 2015, Silver in 2010, 2012 and 2014, and Bronze in 2013.
- Latest News
- Monthly Calendar
- Historical Archives
- Corporate Partners
- Contact Us
In the Community
Santa Clara Vanguard Booster Club, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written consent of the Santa Clara Vanguard Booster Club, Inc.
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site are Copyright © 1967–2015 Santa Clara Vanguard Booster Club, Inc. All rights reserved.